Australian Skilled Visa Basic Requirements
The requirements for an Australia Skilled Visa are as follows:
- Age – you must be under 45 when you apply;
- English language – you should have sufficient ability in the English language to work in Australia (at least at a competent level);
- Nominated occupation – when you apply you nominate a skilled occupation, which fits your skills and qualifications. This occupation must be found on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List;
- Skills assessment – before you apply, you must have your skills assessed by the Australian assessing authority designated to assess your nominated occupation (which will usually have specific qualifications requirements);
- Health assessment – you should be of reasonably good health and all applicants must have their health assessed by a panel doctor and undergo a medical examination; and
- Character assessment – you should be of good character and this too will be assessed.
If you are unable to meet the new visa Basic Requirements and pass the Points Test, then you should not continue with a General Skilled Migration to Australia application.
The Online Eligibility Assessment is based on the immigration points system determined by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). The assessment calculates whether you have enough points, and are therefore eligible to immigrate to Australia under one of the Skilled Visa classes. A positive result does not guarantee visa success; it simply means you have the requisite or minimum number of points deemed necessary by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
Visa Health Requirements
Visa applicants looking to migrate to Australia under the Skilled Migration route must undergo a medical examination and successfully meet the requirements set out by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) before a visa will be granted.
The Australian Government insist on a medical examination to protect the country from high health risks and protect against a high demand on health resources, including cost. These are some of the factors taken into account when assessing medical results for all applicants.
- The Medical Examination