Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
This visa lets nominated (by an Australian state or territory government agency) skilled workers live and work in Australia as permanent residents.
With this visa you can
- stay in Australia permanently
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
- sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- if eligible, become an Australian citizen
How long you can stay
This is a permanent visa. It lets you stay in Australia indefinitely. The visa has a travel component that expires 5 years after the date of visa grant.
You become a permanent resident on the day we grant the visa.
For citizenship purposes, your permanent residency starts on the day:
- we grant the visa, if you are in Australia
- you enter Australia on this visa, if you are outside Australia
You can include members of the family unit in your application. You can:
- include them when you lodge your visa application
- add them after you lodge your application but before we decide on your visa.
Family members who apply for the visa must meet our health and character requirements. Family members not accompanying you to Australia might also need to meet our health and character requirements.
- be invited to apply
- be nominated
- have a relevant skills assessment
- have age under 45 years
- be able to score 65 points or more
- have occupation on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations for the 190 Skilled Nominated visas
- meet health requirement
- meet character requirement
- have paid back the debt to the Australian Government
- sign the Australian values statement
- not had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused