Immigration to Germany
Germany has been deemed as the fifth most favourable country to move to. This is due to its well-performing economy, education system, and employment opportunities. People from all over the world want to have a chance of moving to Germany.
You can immigrate to Germany under the following categories:
- Germany immigration for employment
- Germany immigration for education
- Germany immigration for entrepreneurs
- Germany immigration for family reunions
- Germany immigration residence permits
- 1. Prove Financial Stability – Each different immigration purpose has a financial threshold which applicants need to fulfill, but nevertheless, applicants must prove that they are able to finance themselves in Germany. Even if you will be working in Germany, you must have the initial funds to cover your expenses until you get your salary.
- 2. Have Health Insurance – You will not be able to immigrate to Germany without a valid health insurance coverage. The recommended way is to get German health insurance, since you cannot be sure whether German authorities will accept foreign health insurance.
- 3. Have At Least Basic Proficiency in German – To be able to live in Germany, you will need to know German. The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages has three levels of language proficiency, A, B and C. Each one has two parts. So, the language proficiency is divided in A1/A2 or basic, B1/B2 or proficient in the language, and C1/C2 or advanced language skills. To be allowed to immigrate in Germany, you will need to enter the exams and pass them up to either A1 or B1. If you want to get a permanent residence, you will need a higher proficiency of C1 or C2.
- 4. Get a German Visa – Citizens of certain countries are required to apply and get a visa before entering Germany. All other nationals do not need a visa to enter Germany. They may apply for a residence permit after entering Germany without a visa.
- Tourist / Visitor VISA
- Business VISA
- Visas to Study in Germany
- Job Seeker VISA
- Working (Employment) VISA
- Guest Scientist VISA
- Training/Internship VISA