Saint Kitts and Nevis
About Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Kitts and Nevis is a dual-island nation situated between the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea. St. Kitts and Nevis, also known in the country’s constitution as Saint Christopher and Nevis, has been independent since 1983 and forms part of the group of islands known as the Lesser Antilles, located some 2,000 km to the southeast of Miami.
The Federation comprises two islands: Nevis with an area of some 93.2 sq.km and St. Kitts with 168.4 sq.km. The official and business language is English. The Federation is also a member of the United Nations (UN), the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), and the Organisation of American States (OAS).
The Eastern Caribbean Central Bank has its headquarters on St. Kitts. It maintains the stability of the Eastern Caribbean Dollar (EC$), which is the national currency of most eastern Caribbean countries and is tied to the US Dollar. The head of state is the Queen of England. St. Kitts and Nevis is a well-functioning democracy based on the British parliamentary system.
Citizenship by Investment
Established in 1984, the St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme is the oldest economic citizenship programme in the world. It is run by the Citizenship by Investment Unit that, with 30 years of administrative experience and a renewed commitment to transparency, serves as a positive example to all other countries with similar programmes.
Under the Programme, business leaders and their families are allowed to invest in this peaceful country in return for full citizenship.
Successful applicants will be able to travel visa-free to more than 150 countries around the globe, including the European Union, the United Kingdom (UK), Brazil, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
Applicants for the St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme must fulfil the following conditions:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be of good character
- Have no criminal record
- Pass a detailed background check
- Be able to provide proof of source of funds
- Be healthy
Investors may apply with their spouse and dependent children, and, in some cases, dependent elderly parents or grandparents.
- Full citizenship status
- No requirement to visit St Kitts and Nevis before, during, or after application
- No interview requirement
- No English language requirement
- Low processing fees
- Fast processing time
- Dual citizenship is allowed
- Discretion (Choice of real estate investment)
- Social and political security
- Visa-free travel over 150 countries (including the UK, the EU, and Brazil)
- No foreign income, capital gains, gift, and inheritance tax
- Excellent asset protection services and business environment
- 60-day processing for all successful applicants who choose the premium Accelerated Application Process (AAP) for an additional fee.
The St. Kitts & Nevis passport is very well regarded and has excellent reputation, and only relatively few passports have been issued under this citizenship-by-investment program by the Government. It is a cheapest program to gain second citizenship for Americans.